5 Tips for DIY Kitchens on a Budget
Kitchen renovations are often seen as an expensive undertaking, with the suggested budget being 5-10% of the home’s value. For many people, this is simply not within their budget and many become discouraged from even DIY kitchens. There are many ways to make a DIY kitchens online project fully functional and look great, even on a tight budget using custom flat pack cabinetry.
Here are some handy tips for a great new DIY kitchens project without breaking the bank:
- Re-use, salvage, or sell parts from the old kitchen. Whether it’s a couple of working appliances or some good condition cabinetry, every little bit of saving counts when building DIY kitchens on a budget. Even some broken appliances can be sold for scrap metal.
- Try resurfacing a benchtop or splashback instead of replacing it. This can be as simple as painting an old splashback to give it new life. It can save a lot of money to put toward better cabinets or appliances.
- Keep the new appliances in the same or similar positions. This will require less expensive electrical and plumbing work to move outlets or piping.
- Make quality cabinetry a priority. The cabinets are the bulk of a kitchen. Ordering your flat pack kitchen cabinets from trusted DIY kitchens online providers will avoid any nasty surprises later on.
- Borrow or rent the required tools. Some of the tools you need for removing and assembling components of a DIY Kitchen may not be needed much so buying new isn’t necessary.
For more advice, or to design your DIY kitchens online with ease, visit Tailored Flat Packs Direct.