What Kitchen Design Trends Are Currently in Vogue?
In modern homes, the kitchen is the hub of the home. No longer is it a space reserved for preparing meals and storing an assortment of foodstuffs. DIY kitchens these days offer a wide range of features that make them suitable for all kinds of uses. It goes without saying that you will prepare meals in your kitchen. Thus, the kitchen will invariably feature all your appliances, cooktops, refrigerators etc. In addition, the kitchen will also feature all the cabinetry you need for meeting your storage needs. Some kitchens might feature pantries that offer superb storage solutions. But, given the importance of the kitchen in the current scheme of things, it is not surprising that kitchens feature various other elements.
Over the past few decades, kitchens have evolved considerably. Technological advancements and changing social dynamics have played a great role in the emergence of modern kitchens. Modern homes revolve around the kitchen. So, builders have come up with open concept homes that enables all the occupants of a home to be together. Not surprisingly, many kitchens these days, offer ample seating space for multi-tasking. So, you could prepare meals while supervising the children’s homework. Or, you could even consider having your minor meals in the kitchen too. The plethora of features that you can include in your kitchen are almost endless. As a result, planning your kitchen remodel well has become significantly important.
Some of the most popular kitchen design trends include:
- The Advent of Smart Kitchens: As mentioned previously, technology has transformed kitchens the world over. Fancy gadgets and appliances have made cooking techniques and methods more modern and convenient. Smart kitchens have technology at their core. These kitchens feature technology integrated into each function and appliance. So, you will have motion-sensor equipped kitchen faucets that can detect the presence of hands beneath. Or, you could have fridges that trigger alerts when your grocery supplies are running low.
- The Popularity of White and Grey Cabinets: If you order cut to measure cabinetry for your Seventeen Mile Rocks residence, you will typically get white-coloured cabinets. Homeowners love white cabinets for their clean look. These cabinets are gorgeous and timeless. In addition, they can suit almost any kind of kitchen style. However, grey cabinets are becoming increasingly popular too. Their versatility makes them appropriate to pair with natural elements or glamorous accents alike.
- Quartz Countertops: If you require a high-end countertop, opt for one made of quartz. Quartz is a hardy material. It offers superlative levels of durability. It is easy to maintain. And, it has good anti-microbial properties that make it ideal for use in kitchens.
- Effective Kitchen Cabinetry Solutions: One of the biggest issues with kitchen cabinetry inevitably revolves around the unnecessary wastage of space. The structuring of the basic shelves and drawers will usually not utilise the space available effectively enough. In some cases, the shelves might be too small to hold your larger objects. In others, organising the space properly will not be possible. Homeowners are overcoming these handicaps by opting for better storage cabinetry solutions. So, they are purchasing appliance garages for small appliances, drawer dividers for cutlery & utensils, pull-out shelves for spices etc.
- Multi-purpose Kitchen Islands: Your kitchen island has the potential to be the hub of your kitchen. Many kitchens these days do not offer much wall cabinet space. So, homeowners circumvent this inconvenience with single-level and larger sized kitchen islands. These islands feature storage solution cabinets. In addition, they can accommodate several under-counter appliances. Besides this, they can provide seating-serving use as a casual dining or drinking bar too. Not surprisingly, these multi-purpose islands are becoming the rage throughout Australia.