What is the Difference Between Kitchen Plans and Kitchen Designs in Your Custom Flat Pack Kitchens?
Many homeowners often use the terms ‘kitchen plan’ and ‘kitchen design’ interchangeably. They feel that both these terms are synonymous. However, this is not the case. This is especially so when you’re considering a remodelling project to acquire a swanky new kitchen.
For the uninitiated, homeowner or contractors usually prepare kitchen plans. A kitchen plan denotes the basic layout of the interior kitchen. As such, it depicts the locations of doors, windows and the walls. In addition, it indicates the probable locations of all the elements that make up a kitchen. For instance, it will highlight the location and dimensions of countertops, appliances and the kitchen sink. It will even indicate the spots that the cut to measure cabinetry in your Seventeen Mile Rocks home occupies. People typically view kitchen plans on graph paper or with a tool that uses Computer Aided Design (CAD) technology.
Kitchen designs will usually feature the same details. However, they will provide much more depth and detail than kitchen plans. This is typically so because experts well-versed in kitchen design principles usually prepare kitchen designs. These kitchen designers consider all the principles of aesthetics and movement when they prepare kitchen designs. This enables them to address a number of potential problems even before the actual renovation begins. For instance, a slight inaccuracy in the true dimensions of your new cabinetry in your home in Mt. Ommaney could result in disaster when the work commences.
For preparing kitchen designs, designers use professional CAD software. This often highlights various details and lighting from any angle, As such, designers can flag potential issues even before they arise. In contrast, a simple kitchen plan might contain several errors that are not easily apparent. Therefore, by basing your remodelling on a kitchen plan, you might end up squandering a lot of money on resolving a number of flaws. This is why it’s best to hire specialists when you want to design online kitchens for your Brisbane home.
What Space Considerations Should You Be Mindful of When You Want a New Kitchen?
Whether you like modern or flat packed kitchens in your home in the Western Suburbs, you will invariably need ample space. The logistics of finding space to place everything is one of the most difficult parts of designing a kitchen. When you move into a new kitchen, you will have a clean slate to work on. As such, you’ll be more than willing to put up with some things that you feel could have been better. But, when you remodel your kitchen, you won’t be as accommodating. You will be aware of certain constraints e.g. the square footage, the existing plumbing placements etc. In addition, you will want your space to provide the functionality you sought. This is why it’s imperative to take precise measurements of the available floor space before you design your kitchen.
Once you have the dimensions in place, you’ll need to place the basic elements. These could include:
- The Doors: Doorways leading into the kitchen would need to be at least 32 inches wide. If you like swinging doors, you’ll need to ensure that they don’t obstruct space in the kitchen. In smaller kitchens, hang doors so that they swing outwards rather than in. Keep your kitchen walkways at least 36 inches wide. Similarly, the walkways in work areas would need to range from 40 – 50 inches in width.
- The Work Triangle: This triangle enhances the functionality of the kitchen by minimising the walking distance between the cooktop, the sink and refrigerator. Some of the best flat packed kitchens in Oxley and elsewhere feature work triangles having a sum of not more than 26 feet.
- The Sink: Your kitchen sinks must have at least 18 – 24 inches of space on either side. And, if you have a dishwasher, place the nearest edge of the dishwasher within 36 inches of the nearest edge of the sink. Ensure that you provide at least 21 inches of space between the dishwasher and other appliances or cabinets.
- The Counters: The best kitchens feature at least 160 inches of usable countertop space. This includes countertop space in kitchen islands. Ideal countertops will be at least 25 inches deep and feature at least 15 inches of clearance above. Ensure that your cooking surface has at least 12 – 15 inches of space on either side.
By using various online kitchen designing tools, you would be able to draw up an accurate design for the kitchen of your dreams. Once your design is ready and foolproof, the actual work can commence with minimal fuss.
Tips for Making Your New Kitchens More Energy Efficient
When homeowners begin a kitchen renovation, one of the first things they look for is more storage space. So, they typically go about spending a lot of money in acquiring new cabinetry. For instance, cut to measure cabinetry has become exceedingly popular in many houses in Seventeen Mile Rocks and the neighbouring areas. Given the high number of cabinets that homeowners typically require, it is not hard to understand why new cabinetry typically consumes approximately half of any kitchen remodelling budget. However, while focusing on minimising their space constraints, homeowners would do well to make their kitchens more energy efficient too. In particular, they must ensure that their new kitchens consume lesser energy and water. Accomplishing this might require a higher initial investment. But, in the long term, these aspects could end up saving you a lot of money.
To make your new kitchens more energy efficient, ensure that you:
- Invest in new appliances that feature the Energy Star label, as replacing your old appliances could yield a savings of almost one-third of your power bill
- Purchase Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) for lighting up your cabinets and counter workspaces as these are energy efficient and produce very little heat
- Insulate your hot water pipes to prevent the loss of heat as the hot water travels from your hot water heater to the faucets
- Install on-demand hot water circulation pumps that can send hot water to your kitchen faucets almost instantly, thereby reducing energy costs by nullifying the need to waste water by letting it run through the faucet as you wait for it to heat up
- Replace your existing faucets with low-flow water faucets for reducing the waste of water
- Consider installing radiant floor heating for alleviating allergies and providing consistent heat and
- Replace the exterior doors and windows in the flat pack kitchens of your Brisbane home with energy-efficient ones that feature modern and tight seals
Are You Keen to Get the Best Flat Packed Kitchen for Your Mt. Ommaney Residence?
Any project that involves remodelling or revamping your kitchen will involve several intricate details. If you’re fond of the ‘Do It Yourself’ (DIY) way of life, you might be keen to handle the project yourself. But, if DIY is not something that you’re acquainted with, then it might be best to consult the professionals. Getting yourself a new kitchen is not cheap. Kitchens typically comprise various small and large details that integrate perfectly to form a kitchen that is both functional and visually appealing. If even one aspect goes awry, the entire project could go wrong.
This is why many people don’t think twice about hiring the professionals at Tailored Flat Pack Direct. Ever since we became operational in 1993, we have acquired the reputation of being a top kitchen company in Sherwood and the adjoining areas. A family owned and operated business, we have moved from manufacturing and installing wardrobes to manufacturing and supplying quality kitchens and cabinets. Unlike other suppliers, we do not offer our kitchen solutions only to builders. Instead, we offer our diverse range of products and solutions to the retail consumer market as well. Thus, all kinds of consumers can derive benefits from our expertise. In addition, they can enjoy premium quality custom flat pack products that we have tailored to suit their specific requirements.
Based in Hobart, Tasmania, we use the latest technology and machinery for providing high-quality cabinetry solutions. For our discerning clients, we can produce cabinetry that suits their requirements to a ‘T’. Besides, providing the best flat packed kitchens in Sherwood and the neighbouring areas, we can offer impeccable cabinetry design solutions too. Our cabinetry design solutions are ideal for use in kitchens, laundries, wardrobes, garage storage areas etc. In addition, we offer office and business cabinetry solutions as well. Unlike other suppliers, we provide quotes only after understanding your requirements completely. To obtain further information, call us at 1300 659 525.